Along with the Redmi Note 7 Pro Xiaomi also launched the Redmi Note 7. It has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ waterdrop notch display with 1.95mm narrow bezels, 81.37% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX486 sensor with an f/2.2 aperture along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and also comes with AI features such as steady handheld night photography that will be enabled via OTA update.
There is a 13-megapixel camera on the front with AI beautify and AI portrait features, as well as AI, face unlock. It has the same Aura design as the Redmi Note 7 Pro with a glass back with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, features P2i nano-coating making it splashproof, has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 for 18W fast charging, but you have to get the fast charger separately since it comes with 10W charger.
Redmi Note 7 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LTPS in-cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA TAS2563
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 4
The Redmi Note 7 comes in Onyx Black, Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 9999 and the 4GB with 64GB version costs Rs. 11,999. It will go on sale exclusively on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from March 6. It also comes bundled with a protective case, and the company has also introduced a perforated case at Rs. 349. Xiaomi has partnered with Airtel to offer 1120GB additional 4G data.