Xiaomi Mi A3 launched in India starting at Rs. 12999
Xiaomi just launched the Mi A3, the company’s latest Android One smartphone in India. It has a 6.088-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 665 11nm SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), and the company has promised that it will be one of the first devices to get Android Q update. It has seventh generation in-display fingerprint scanner with a 15% increased fingerprint detection area.
The phone features a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture, 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide angle lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 32-megapixel front camera sensor that merges four pixels to form large 1.6μm pixels for better low-light images and AI beautify mode.
It has a 3D curved glass back that offers a holographic effect and features Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It also has splash-resistant P2i coating to prevent the phone from everyday splashes and spills. The Mi A3 packs a 4030mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 18W fast charging, but it comes with 10W charger it the box.
Xiaomi Mi A3 specifications
- 6.08-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED display with 102.7% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.48×71.85×8.47mm; Weight: 173.8g
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi A3 comes in Not Just Blue, More Than White and Kind of Grey colors, is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from August 23rd and will be available from offline stores soon.
- Rs. 750 cashback on HDFC Credit cards. Additional Rs. 250 cashback on EMI.
- Double data for Airtel users on recharge of Rs. 249
Commenting on the launch, Raghu Reddy, Head of Categories and Online Sales, Xiaomi India said:
With the launch of Mi A3, we are excited to offer our Mi Fans yet another Android One phone with a number of incredible features. Among its several innovative offerings, Mi A3 has triple cameras on the rear featuring a 48MP IMX586 sensor, and also offers a beautiful design that facilitates one-handed usage. We are positive that our Mi Fans and users in India will make the most of the new Mi A3 with a wonderful experience in store for them.