Vivo Z5 with 6.38-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 4500mAh battery announced
Vivo Z5 has been launched in China on Wednesday. This is the company’s new mid-range smartphone. It has a 6.38-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 90% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 712 with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.1, features a 48-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. There is a 32-megapixel camera on the front.
Customers will be able to purchase this smartphone in Aurora Illusion, Bamboo Forest Night and Holographic Illusion Color Option. Z5 is being sold online in China by Vivo. Currently, top variants of 8GB + 128GB are not being sold. It will be sold from August 6.
Vivo Z5 specifications
- 6.38-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 aspect ratio Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 103% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage and 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensing camera with f/2.4 aperture for portrait shots
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 159.53×75.23×8.13mm; Weight: 187g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4420mAh (minimum) battery with 22.5w fast charging
The Vivo Z5 comes in Black, Blue and Aurora Blue colors, is priced at 1598 yuan (US$ 232 / Rs. 15,975 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1898 yuan (US$ 275 / Rs. 18,975 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 1998 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 19,970 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 256GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2298 yuan (US$ 333 / Rs. 22,970 approx.). It will be available for order in China from August 1st and goes on sale from August 6th.