Samsung QLED 8K TV launched in India Starting at Rs. 10,99,900
Samsung has launched the world’s first QLED 8K TV in India. The smart TV is targeted at luxury users and promises real 8K resolution.
Samsung QLED 8K TVs, which will be available in four sizes – 98-inch (247 cm), 82-inch (207 cm), 75-inch (189 cm) and 65-inch (163 cm) – come with 33 million pixels, four times the resolution of 4K UHD TVs and 16 times that of a Full HD TV, allowing consumers to immerse themselves into the display. These 33 million pixels provide sharper resolution giving a feeling of realness and presence with exceptionally true-to-life picture quality.
The Samsung QLED 8K TVs have been priced at Rs. 10,99,900 for the 75-inch model, Rs. 16,99,900 for the 82-inch model, and Rs. 59,99,900 for the 98-inch model. The 98-inch model will only be made to order, while the price for the 65-inch (available for purchase in July) will be announced shortly.
The TV is powered by Samsung’s proprietary 8K AI Upscaling technology that upscales picture and sound quality to 8K regardless of the original source quality or format. It further comes with support for voice assistants such as Bixby and Google Assistant.
Samsung has also introduced new 2019 QLED range also feature their own proprietary Quantum Processor 4K with AI upscaling to deliver improved brightness, picture quality, and sound optimized for each scene. Samsung’s 2019 QLED lineup offers twelve televisions from 43 inches (108 cm) to 82 inches (207 cm) across four series — Q90, Q80, Q70, and Q60.
Highlights of Samsung 8K QLED TVs
- Samsung’s proprietary 8K AI Upscaling technology based on machine learning upscales picture and sound quality to 8K regardless of the original source quality or format
- Samsung QLED 8K TVs utilize the Quantum Processor 8K that optimizes audio and video to the specific content on the screen. It creates an even more detailed sound experience by tailoring the audio settings to the specific layout of the room.
- Ambient Mode enables users to apply an interactive background to the virtually bezel-less TV frame, blending it into the living room wall, while displaying information such as weather conditions and time, when it is not in use. It can also display artistic content like photos and works of art.
- With the QLED 8K TVs, the TV will double up as an interactive wall feature that blends in with the interiors.
- Building on the Ambient Mode’s ability to blend in with home interiors, the TV can be hung on the wall with a No Gap Wall-Mount, intelligently embedded on the back of the TV so that it blends in seamlessly.
- The One Invisible Connection and One Connect Box on Samsung’s QLED TV range do away with unsightly wires dangling from the TV.
- QLED 8K TVs also recognize and analyze a number of connected entertainment devices like audio devices connected via optical cable with the One Remote Control, then automatically switches the TV’s image source and audio output for an optimized viewing experience.
Samsung’s 2019 QLED TV lineup features Bixby feature along with other voice assistants like Google Assistant to access content through voice commands. The Far Field Voice Capability feature on the One Remote Control enables consumers to use voice commands to control their TV from across the room. Samsung will be offering iTunes Movies and TV Shows and Apple AirPlay 2 support on the 2019 Smart TV models.
Price and Availability
The Samsung Q900R 98-inch 8K Smart QLED TV is priced at Rs. 59,99,900 and will be made to order. The 82-inch and 75-inch 8K Smart QLED TV models are priced at Rs. 16,99,900 and Rs. 10,99,900, respectively. There is a 65-inch 8K Smart QLED TV model which will be available in July.
Samsung Q90R 65-inch and 75-inch 4K Smart QLED model are priced at Rs. 3,99,900 and Rs. 6,49,900, respectively. Samsung Q80R 55-inch 4K Smart QLED TV model costs Rs. 2,09,900, Samsung Q70R 55-inch and 65-inch 4K Smart QLED TV models cost Rs. 1,69,900 and Rs. 2,79,900, respectively. The Samsung Q60R 4K Smart QLED range start from Rs. 94,900 for the 43-inch model and goes up to Rs. 7,49,900 for the 82-inch model. These will be available from this month.
Samsung QLED 8K and QLED models will be available at all Samsung Smart Plazas, leading consumer electronic stores and across online platforms, include Samsung’s official online store Samsung Shop.
Samsung has also launched an offer around the Cricket World Cup. This includes free Amazon Echo Plus with the premium QLED TV range, Amazon Echo Dot with the 4K UHD TV range, attractive finance options like zero down payment, 10-year no screen burn-in warranty on QLED TVs and a two-year warranty on panels. This will also be accompanied by up to 15% cashback.