Samsung Galaxy A80 with 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED Infinity display, Snapdragon 730G, rotating camera announced
Samsung just announced the Galaxy A80 smartphone, the company’s top-end smartphone in the ‘A Series’ at an event in Thailand. It has a 6.7-inch Full HD+ New Infinity Super AMOLED display with 20: 9 aspect ratio, is powered by the latest Octa-Core Snapdragon 730G SoC with 8GB of RAM and runs Android Pie with Samsung One UI.
Galaxy A80 features rotating camera module with a 48-megapixel primary rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, secondary, 8-megapixel 123° ultra wide-angle lens and a 3D Depth camera for Live Focus by scanning objects for measurement and depth. When users select the selfie mode in the camera app, the three cameras automatically pop-up from the back of the phone and rotate.
The phone has a 3D Glass body with a metal frame, comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner and packs a 3700mAh battery with support for 25W super fast charging. “The Angel Gold color includes elements of pink, while the Ghost White option combines some blue characteristics, so these colors look different depending on light direction and reflection,” said Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy A80 specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20: 9 New Infinity Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 48MP front / rear cameras with LED flash with f/2.0 aperture, 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 3D Depth camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3700mAh battery with 25W super fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A80 comes in Angel Gold, Ghost White and Phantom Black colors. It is priced at 649 Euros (US$ 729 / ₹ 50,445 approx.) and will roll out in Europe from mid-May.