Redmi K20 Pro with 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, Snapdragon 855 announced
Xiaomi announced the Redmi K20 Pro, the latest top-end smartphone, as it had promised. It has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 91.9% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 2.1mm narrow bezels, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM, 8 layers of graphite 3D sheet for better heat dissipation, Game Turbo 2.0, runs Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top, has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 8-megapixel telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom and a 124.8° ultra-wide sensor.
It has a 20-megapixel pop-up front camera with a sapphire lens cover that can rise in 0.8 seconds, and the rising mechanism has been tested 300,000 times.
It has a seventh-generation optical in-display fingerprint sensor with a 3P lens that is equivalent to a 7.2μm macro camera, which is 100% higher than the previous generation’s photosensitive area, and the finger area is also increased by 15%, which can capture the fingerprint optical signal better.
The phone features 3D curved design, and the back has a flame pattern in blue and red, while there is a unique kevlar gradient texture in a black version. The phone packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 27W fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 58% in half an hour.
Redmi K20 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.3×8.8mm; Weight: 191g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh(typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
The Redmi K20 Pro comes in Flame Red, Glacier Blue, and Carbon Fiber Black colors, is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 361 / Rs. 25,200 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2599 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 26,220 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 2799 yuan (US$ 405 / Rs. 28,230 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2999 yuan (US$ 434 / Rs. 30,245 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China from June 1st. The company has also introduced Redmi K20 with Snapdragon 730.