Redmi K20 Pro a Flagship Phone With A Non-Flagship Price Tag
Redmi has announced its very first flagship smartphone as K20 Pro. Earlier this year, Redmi became a separate entity from Xiaomi’s and this is the company’s very first high-end offering. The Redmi K20 Pro is yet another budget powerhouse from the Chinese brand that, like the Pocophone F1 (or Poco F1 in selected markets), delivers top-tier specs for a ludicrously low price.
Redmi K20 Pro – is it a Real Flagship ?
The Redmi K20 Pro is made out of metal and glass, and it does not include a display notch or hole, instead, Redmi opted for a pop-up selfie camera. The design overall is somewhat similar to the one of the OnePlus 7 Pro, even the camera pops up on the same side.
The device does have a thin “chin” below the display, and its display corners are rounded. All the physical keys (the regular setup) are included on the right side of the phone, while the back of the device is curved.
On the back, you will find three vertically-aligned cameras, and a dual-LED flash below them. The Redmi K20 Pro does include a 3.5mm headphone jack, and it features an in-display fingerprint scanner, which is why it’s nowhere to be seen.
This phone comes with a really high 91.9-percent screen-to-body ratio, and the majority of its bezels are only 2.1mm thick. The phone features a 6.39-inch fullHD+ (2340 x 1080) AMOLED HDR display, while it is fueled by the Snapdragon 855 64-bit octa-core processor.
The Redmi K20 Pro comes in 6GB and 8GB RAM flavors, and we’re looking at LPDDR4X RAM here. The 6GB RAM variant is available in 64GB and 128GB storage (UFS 2.1) options, while the 8GB RAM model comes with either 128GB or 256GB of storage.
Android 9 Pie comes pre-installed on this phone, along with Xiaomi’s MIUI 10 skin. There are two SIM card slots included in this phone, two nano SIM card slots, and the phone comes with Qualcomm’s Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip.
48-megapixel (Sony’s IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, 6P lens), 8-megapixel (telephoto lens, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.4 aperture), and 13-megapixel (ultra-wide, 124.8-degree lens, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.4 aperture) cameras sit on the back of this phone. A single 20-megapixel (f/2.0 aperture) unit is included on the phone’s front side.
The device comes with a 4,000mAh battery which supports 27W fast charging, though wireless charging is not included here. The phone measures 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8mm, while it weighs 191 grams.
The Redmi K20 Pro got announced in three color variants, Flame Red, Glacier Blue, and Carbon Fiber Black. Two 6GB RAM variants with 64GB and 128GB of storage are priced at 2,499 Yuan ($361) and 2,599 Yuan ($376) in China. The phone’s 8GB RAM models with 128GB and 256GB of storage cost 2,799 Yuan ($405) and 2,999 Yuan ($434).
As you can see, these are extremely aggressive price points for the Redmi K20 Pro in China, and the phone is expected to hit a number of other markets soon, with a slightly higher price tag. The phone is available for pre-order in China as we speak, and it will go on sale starting on June 1.
The Redmi K20 Is Even More Affordable, If You Don’t Mind A Mid-Range Chip
The Redmi K20 is actually quite similar to the Redmi K20 Pro, save for some differences in terms of specs. The phone looks completely identical to the Redmi K20 Pro, and it’s the same size as well.
It is fueled by the Snapdragon 730 64-bit octa-core processor, which is one of Qualcomm’s most powerful mid-range processors. The device comes with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB / 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage, while its charging is a bit slower than the one on the Pro model, as it offers 18W fast charging.
Redmi K20 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.3×8.8mm; Weight: 191g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh(typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging