Redmi 7A with splash-resistant body launched in India starting at Rs. 5799
Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has launched the Redmi 7A, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India.The Redmi 7A packs a 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display, is powered by Snapdragon 439, runs Android Pie with MIUI 10, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, AI scene detection (coming soon via OTA update) and a 5-megapixel front camera with support for AI face unlock and beautify.
Similar to other Redmi 7 series phones, this also has a splash resistant P2i coating. It has a polycarbonate body, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, features wireless FM Radio, thanks to internal antenna, and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 10W (5V/2A) charging compared to 5W (5V/1A) charging in the predecessor.
Redmi 7A specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX486, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- Dimensions: 146.30×70.41×9.55mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The Redmi 7A comes in Matte Blue, Matte Gold and Matte Black colors, is priced at Rs. 5799 (Only till this July, after that it will cost Rs. 5999) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 5999 (Only till this July, after that it will cost Rs. 6199). It will be available from Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from July 11th. It also comes with 2 years of warranty.