MG Hector India’s first internet-enabled 48V hybrid SUV launched starting at Rs. 12.18 lakhs
MG (Morris Garages) Motor India today launched MG HECTOR at special introductory price of Rs. 12.18 Lakhs to Rs. 16.88 Lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi), after it was introduced earlier this month. The company says that it is India’s first internet car with 50+ connected features and India’s first 48V hybrid SUV (Hybrid System works as a combination of petrol and electric drive by increasing the fuel economy by 12% and reduces CO2 emissions by 11%.), the MG Hector comes with 19 exclusive features that make it the new benchmark in its segment.
MG Hector highlights
- 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine delivers 143 PS power at a peak torque of 250 Nm
- 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine will deliver 170 PS at a peak torque of 350 Nm
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency for both petrol and diesel with the Petrol Hybrid MT returning 15.81 km/l and diesel 17.41 km/l, as per ARAI.
- 10.4-inch HD touchscreen features iSMART gives easy access to information, and complete control.
- M2M (Machine to Machine) embedded 5G-ready SIM with Internet protocol version 6 (IPV6).
- New software and entertainment content updated over the air.
- Controls functions remotely like AC switch on/switch off, sunroof, tailgate and door lock/unlock with your mobile app
- Online Navigation with live traffic updates for a faster, smoother drive.
- Over 100+Voice Commands activated by saying “Hello MG”, for hands-free control.
- Entertainment content preloaded in your car’s Head Unit.
- Endless music of your choice with a built-in Gaana Premium account.
- Self-initiated Emergency Call sends a message and location to the 24/7 Pulse Hub if airbags are deployed. The Pulse Hub calls the car and owner for immediate assistance.
- Get a call from the Pulse Hub for general assistance at the touch of the I-Call button.
- Driver analytics – harsh braking, running idle, drive time, routes taken etc. easily available on the screen.
- Finds car’s location and the shortest route to it on your app.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity options
- LED daytime running lights, panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, cruise control, electrically adjustable front seats and heated ORVMs.
- Sophisticated mild-hybrid architecture – uses a 48-volt lithium-ion battery to store energy and provide extra torque assistance of up to 20 Nm.
The MG HECTOR has been tested for over one million kilometers in India before entering production and comes with 25 safety features as standard, making it one of the safest SUVs on sale today, said the company.
The ‘Made in India’ MG HECTOR is available in a total of 11 combinations across 4 variants namely Style, Super, Smart and Sharp. It comes with 3 engine options – Petrol, Petrol Hybrid and Diesel. The petrol is available in both manual and automatic transmissions. The prices of all the variants are as follows.
|MG HECTOR Ex-Showroom Delhi Prices (INR Lacs)|
|Petrol Hybrid MT||–||13.58||14.68||15.88|
The company said that it has received 10,000+ bookings since the pre-orders began on June 4. Deliveries to customers who have pre-booked the MG HECTOR have been slated from the first week of July through its network of 120 centers across India, which the carmaker aims to expand further to 250 centers by September this year.
It comes with ‘MG Shield’ ownership package that provides private owners free-of-charge 5-year comprehensive manufacturer warranty for unlimited kilometers, round-the-clock roadside assistance (RSA) for a period of 5 years and no labour charges for the first 5 scheduled vehicle services. The HECTOR further offers prepaid maintenance plans starting as low as INR 8,000 for the first three years.