Meizu just announced the Meizu 16s, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China. It has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 4.2mm ultra narrow bottom bezel and 91.53% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM, Hyper Gaming, runs Flyme OS 8 based Android Pie with One Mind 3.0 AI, has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, night mode along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor. It also has a 20-megapixel camera on the front for 0.2-second face unlock, AI beauty features.
The phone has an in-display fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, and the built-in mEngine 3.0 offer more real and delicate vibration effect as well as 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match the scenes. The phone packs a 3600mAh battery with support for 24W mCharge fast charging. It doesn’t come with a 3.5mm audio jack, but the company is selling Type-C to 3.5mm converter with Cirrus Logic CS43131 Hi-Fi DAC that promises the best audio experience.
Meizu 16s specifications
- 6.2-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED display with 500 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme OS 8
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size with ring LED flash, 20MP secondary telephoto camera with Sony IMX350 sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with Samsung 3T2 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 151.9×73.4×7.65; Weight: 165g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), USB Type-C
- 3600mAh (typical) / 3540mAh (minimum) battery with 24W mCharge fast charging
Meizu 16s Pricing
The Meizu 16s comes in White, Carbon Black, and Phantom Blue colors, is priced at 3398 yuan (US$ 505 / Rs. 35,265 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3698 yuan (US$ 550 / Rs. 38,375 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4198 yuan (US$ 624 / Rs. 43,565 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from April 28th.