Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi Note 7 are the great value for money smartphones which are available in India. MIUI is notorious for sending promotional messages via notifications from pre-loaded apps such as Mi Browser, Mi Music, and Mi Video. You also get to see ads inside various pre-loaded apps, even with the latest update — MIUI 10.
Here are the some of the ways how to remove ads in Redmi Note 7 pro and Redmi Note 7.
Different ways to remove ads in Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi Note 7
There is no direct solution to remove all ads at once. There are different steps to remove ads from different places.
Remove ads after app install
Out of the box, MIUI scans all the apps which are downloaded from Playstore. It is a good feature, but ads will appear after the scan. Though these ads are not intrusive, you may don’t want to see ads. If you want to disable ads appearing after installing a app from Google Play store in Redmi Note 7 Pro, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings -> Security.
- Disable Secure scan by toggling off.
Turn off Wallpaper stories from Redmi Note 7 Lock Screen
By default, images and other content are pushed to lock screen. To disable these lock screen wallpaper stories,
- Go to Settings->Lock screen & Password.
- Tap on wallpaper Carouse.
- Toggle off “Turn on wallpaper Carousel“
Turn off Ads from other Apps
If you want to disable ads from third party apps that push Google Ads,
- Settings-> Google-> Ads.
- Toggle on the “Opt out of Ads personalisation” option.
HOW TO TURN OFF ADS WITHIN XIAOMI APPS
If you want to turn off Ads within Xiaomi Apps in Redmi Note 7 Pro, you need to turn off ads individually. Here we covered few of the apps.
HOW TO REMOVE ADS FROM MIUI CLEANER IN REDMI NOTE 7 PRO
- Launch MIUI Cleaner.
- Tap the brush icon on the top-right and then the gear icon.
- Tap Receive recommendations to switch this Off.
HOW TO REMOVE ADS FROM MI VIDEO IN REDMI NOTE 7 PRO
Following method will remove ads from Mi Video app in Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Open Mi Video.
- Tap Account on the bottom-right and then go to Settings.
- Turn off Online recommendations. This will remove promotional content recommendation.
- Set Push notifications to Off. This will stop showing spam notifications.
HOW TO REMOVE ADS FROM REDMI NOTE 7 PRO’S MI BROWSER, MI SECURITY, AND MI MUSIC APPS
- Go to Settings > System app settings > Security > Receive recommendations
- Turn Off this option. This will disable ads in Mi Security.
- Under Settings > System app settings > Music. Turn off Receive recommendations. This will disable ads in Mi Music.
- Once again in Settings > System app settings > Browser > Privacy & security turn off Recommended for you. This is one step towards removing ads from Mi Browser.
- To completely remove ads from Mi Browser, go to Settings > System app settings > Browser > Advanced > Set start page. Change the URL to your favourite URL. This will disable the default start page that has a lot of promotional content.