Asus ROG Phone II with Snapdragon 855+ chipset, 120Hz HDR display announced
After weeks of speculation, Asus has finally launched the ROG Phone II. As promised by the company, the phone ships with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 855+ processor, which is basically an overclocked version of the flagship Snapdragon 855. The phone also brings upgrades to the display with a 120Hz 10-bit HDR screen, and gives users an option to choose from a near-stock UI and a game-focused ROG UI. Asus hasn’t announced the price of the phone, and we expect it to reveal it in the coming weeks.
The phone has dedicated ultrasonic AirTriggers with faster haptic response rate, vibration latency of 20ms, reduced by 68% from 63ms, and you no longer have to raise your fingers before tapping. It still has the 3.5mm audio jack and stereo front-facing speakers with DTS: X Ultra surround sound effect, and comes with quad noise-cancelling microphones. There are Dual high-end vibrating motors XYZ axis for surround feel. It has a huge 6,000mAh battery compared to 4,000mAh in the predecessor. The 30W HyperCharge fast charging that can charge up to 4,000mAh in just 58 minutes and two hours to fully charge the phone.
There are several accessories such as AeroActive Cooler II, Aero Case, TwinView Dock II, ROG Kunai Gamepad, Mobile Desktop Dock, Pro Dock, WiGig Display Dock Plus and ROG Lighting Armor Case.
ASUS ROG Phone II specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz OLED HDR display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording, 13MP 125° ultra-wide camera
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier,3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.99×77.6×9.78mm; Weight: 240 g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone II comes in Black color and the price will be revealed tomorrow when it is introduced in China in partnership with Tencent Games. Global roll out is expected sometime in September.